Monday 18 February 2008

The blog is dead... long live the blog!

I'm now making the decision to close down this iteration of the blog... but things will continue, over at FilmJournal.net.

I'm not sure anyone reads this version anyhow, and if they do... well, please follow me to FilmJournal! The thing is, that site is generally more suited to the blog -- it's film-centric (as you may have guessed), with wider promotion to like-minded readers. Here, 100 Films is just lost among the millions of Blogger blogs; there, new posts get promoted on the front page of DVD Times, my personal favourite DVD site (it must be good, it was cited in the Serenity trailer!) So, as you can see, FilmJournal makes much more sense. And I have, for the past week or two, been keeping both versions of the blog up-to-date, but that's just becoming tiresome. There's no need for it, as far as I can see, and so it is time to make my choice.

So, please take note of the new URL -- http://filmjournal.net/100films/ -- and please continue reading! Should there be any reason you wish me to continue here, please post a comment and I'll consider. If you don't mind the move, but feel there's a feature I haven't carried over that's worth keeping, let me know. As it is, I don't expect anyone to ever read this and so expect no comments! But we'll see...

Blogger's been good, but already FilmJournal is better. So 100 Films in a Year is dead, but long live 100 Films in a Year!

No comments: